Friday, March 21, 2008

Tennessee 1st half thoughts

No all-day blogging today. I'm not vegging out in front of the tube for back-to-back days, no matter how much I'm tempted to do it.

The Vols are up seven at the end of a weird half. No Ramar? No Brian Williams? We need Erin Andrews to tell us what is going on. J.P. is not a point guard and Howell's two shots hit the side of the rim, so Ramar is either deep in Pearl's doghouse or he did something stupid this week.

I don't understand why Tennessee is getting dominated on the boards, but things settled down after the first 10 minutes. American cannot score consistently against the Vols' defense unless they are getting offensive boards.

Let's hope Coach Pearl injects some life into the troops at the half, though I don't see any chance for the Eagles to pull off the upset. I just don't like the way the guys are carrying themselves or playing together.

We certainly don't look like a team that deserved a #1 seed, do we?

No comments: