Saturday, February 23, 2008

All-Time Mocs

The starting five for the Mocs' 25th Anniversary team were announced today as:

Gerald Wilkins
Willie White
Brandon Born
Tim Brooks
Lance Fulse

The last two are different from my own list. I cannot believe Johnny Taylor was left off the list (he was the top honorable mention). I thought Brooks might make it and I have fond memories of Lance Fulse (remember those free throws to beat Marshall and take UTC dancing?), but Taylor led the Mocs to the Sweet Sixteen. How is he off the list?

I'm sticking with my starting five of Wilkins, White, Born, Taylor and Nelson. My second-team is Fulse, Brooks, Derrick Kirce, Chad Copeland and Mindaugus Katelynas. I'll round out my roster with T.O., Bart Redden (I loved that guy as a kid) and Bennie Green, who famously punched an ETSU female cheerleader after a loss.

No comments: